Thursday, August 11, 2011

DIY Peace Sign Shorts



So, I decided to get a little creative and try my hand at personalizing a pair of shorts I rarely wear.

I consider myself a "hippie-at-heart", I absolutely love anything flowy, 1970's, suede, and of course anything with peace signs on it (done tastefully, of course!).

All I did to make these shorts, was to draw a peace sign on cardboard, using an exacto knife, I cut it out, taped the little insides spaces to my shorts, and placed the cardboard with a circle cut-out on top and a piece of paper on the inside of my shorts (in case of the spray paint went through the denim). I then took it outside, found a earthy colored spray paint, and... spray painted, I guess. It's not the greatest, but I didn't want the edges to be really defined, I actually enjoy the roughness and uneveness of it.


I would wear the shorts with something a little more simple. I paired it with my favorite, strapless green top, and my cowgirl boots I bought in Japan. The only problem with my shirt was that it covered up the peace sign, so I would also opt for something a little shorter in length. 

I also experimented with nail polish again. I found this beautiful, "beachy" pink and immediately fell in love. Once I painted my nails, I ran across these floral nail stickers, that were supposed to have sparkles on jewels on them, but they ended up falling off. So I just took a sparkly nail polish and painted over the stickers, then used a top coat to finish it off! On my fingernails, I did a french manicure for the first time, and ended up using to more of the floral nail stickers on my thumbs. Classy on my fingernails and party on my toenails.

Outfit
Shirt | Goodwill
Shorts | Charlotte Russe





5 comments:

  1. I really like the shorts- they look great! I always want to customise my clothes, but I never seem to get round to actually doing it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was the same way, but I had a lot of free time the other day so I sat my butt down and did it finally!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cute toe nail decorations! Those tiny flowers are adorable!

    invasionista

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool shorts!
    love the boots

    http://bobbieaustinscloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete